http://www.awlandsafaris.com/templates/awlandsafaris/images/postquote.png); background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-position: 0% 0%;">
“Travel and tourism should be planned and practiced as a means of individual and collective fulfilment. When practiced with an open mind, it is an irreplaceable factor of self education, mutual tolerance and for learning about the legitimate differences between peoples and cultures and their diversity”
Awland Safaris is passionately committed to responsible tourism practices and strives to combine tourism, environmental management and local economic development. Far from being an abstract ideal for us, Responsible Tourism shapes all our major decisions - Our mission statements make the promotion of ecotourism and environmentally aware policies mandatory in every aspect of our business.
How we promote responsible Tourism:
- We spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- When recruiting our staff and crew, we assess their responsible tourism credentials and then train them to our own standards in minimising negative economic, environmental and social impacts
- All our itineraries are designed to provide more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues
- We Issue our guests with clear guidelines on responsible tourism. These cover a variety of issues from litter and waste disposal in remote areas, to begging and artifacts. We encourage customers to buy local crafts and support local skills, but never to buy products that exploit wildlife or the harm the habitat
- Awland Safaris operates its trips in small groups allowing guests to experience cultures at first hand, offering greater opportunity for cross- cultural understanding.
- We respect local customs and culture and encourage respect between tourists and hosts
- We provide support to organisations and local communities around Tanzania by working hand in hand with a local NGO – VISION FOR YOUTH, in enlightening the local communities to embrace and participate in tourism
- We Use local operators that adhere to the promotion of Responsible Travel.